20 April 2013: HD Tune Pro 5.50 released.
- Added new module with following functions:
- Check health status of all connected drives at once
- Detailed S.M.A.R.T information
- Run S.M.A.R.T self-test
- Device statistics
- Temperature statistics
- Added support for more SSD drives
- Improved support for +4TB disks
- Added option to restore window position and size
- Added new warning level
1 November 2011: HD Tune Pro 5.00 released.
- New file tests which measure:
- sequential read/write speed
- random 4 KB read/write speed
- multiple random 4 KB read/write speed
- New monitor functions can show:
- detailed performance statistics of different block sizes
- positions where I/O activity took place
- which programs and processes generate I/O activity
- Improved support for +2TB disks
- Added option to scan A: and B: drives
- Added option to show drive serial number on main screen
- Fixed issue with Fahrenheit temperature display
28th August 2010: HD Tune Pro 4.60 released.
- Added temperature statistics
- Improved support for SSD
- Improved access time resolution
- added support for more SSDs
- Random access
- maximum access time is shown
- added 4 KB align option
- Extra tests
- added random seek 4 KB test
- added 4 KB align option
22th May 2010: HD Tune Pro 4.50 released.
- Added autosave screenshot function with extensive filter possibilities
- Error Scan
- added speed map
- added option to set scanning range
- Erase: added verify function
- Added option to change power settings during performance tests
- Added support for USB 3.0 devices
- Fixed negative CPU usage display with quadcore CPUs
- Fixed incompatibility issue with nVidida drivers under Windows 7 64-bit
- Fixed incompatibility issue with certain USB sticks
- Fixed incorrect position with Erase function with sector sizes larger than 512 bytes
9th January 2010: HD Tune Pro 4.01 released.
- Added option to monitor health status during tests
- Fixed display issue with high DPI font settings
28th December 2009: HD Tune Pro 4.00 released!
- Health (S.M.A.R.T) and temperature display support for external drives
- Support for drives larger than 2 TB
- Supports up to 32 drives
- Advanced S.M.A.R.T log functions
- Added short stroke testing
- Extra tests: quick read/write tests
- Added cache test
- More information is shown
- Benchmark tests can be run seperately
- Added option to perform the transfer rate test on the entire surface
- New command line parameters
29th December 2008: HD Tune Pro 3.50 released!
- Added Random Access test
- Added option to perform quick Error Scan with command line parameters
5 July 2008: HD Tune Pro 3.10 released!
- Added menu
- Fixed display problem with high DPI font settings
12 February 2008: HD Tune Pro released!
HD Tune Pro is an extended version of HD Tune which includes many new features such as: write benchmark, secure erasing, AAM setting, folder usage view, disk monitor, command line parameters and file benchmark.
Click here for more information and to download a trial version.
A new version of HD Tune is also available. Version 2.55 includes several minor improvements.